Stritix

Share Your Screenshots

1,066 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Neo_Fire_Sonic said:

GIF4.gif

He... dabs??

Best game, fam.

2 people like this

satjoth_in_gmate_by_thegoku7729-dbajjw6.

That sprite seems familiar doesn't it? S&TJoTH confirmed for GMate

Posted (edited)

Not really a game but eh..

giphy.gif

Upcoming tool to make coding huds easier, Create your hud in the tool, and you can save the script you'll need in your game.

Edited by Violet
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Violet said:

Not really a game but eh..

giphy.gif

Upcoming tool to make coding huds easier, Create your hud in the tool, and you can save the script you'll need in your game.

Ohhh, this looks quite handy. One suggestion I would make is to show coordinates to the side or something for extra precision.

On 01/02/2017 at 8:38 AM, Carlos Ushiromiya said:

Here is another of my projects in preparation for a looooooooooooong time, A racing game style Mario Kart in 2D

bfidjoklvs.png

February 1st? No matter, will still give feedback.

Others have already said stuff about the anime characters so I won't add more to other than perhaps you should try to redraw them so that their size would be only a bit short than Classic Eggman? It is up to you in the end but I suspect the Umineko characters are even larger + Wider than the Eggman sprite and he's meant to be a overweight human of average adult height.

As for the concept, a 2D kart racer seems difficult to balance due to it being limited to a 2D plane. Only way of expanding level design is to add verticality to the tracks and even then, it's still limited to jumping at the right time to access a shortcut and holding onto a power up until you can pass someone with it instead of driving skills.

On 25/02/2017 at 6:06 AM, Violet said:

LVxsN78.png

Sweet mother of god. It's...It's Beautiful. Don't care that it was posted 3 months ago, them colours.

On 08/03/2017 at 11:17 PM, Flash_G said:

This is something I thought of.

DBGaeRO.gif

Oh my, reminds me of my attempt at adding a combat system to a Sonic Game. Hope you continue to work on this.

Edited by Chaos-Fusion
Removed a ton of unnessesary text. Still probably going to appear in a notification email

Posted (edited)

On 2017-5-30 at 2:43 AM, Chaos-Fusion said:

February 1st? No matter, will still give feedback.

Others have already said stuff about the anime characters so I won't add more to other than perhaps you should try to redraw them so that their size would be only a bit short than Classic Eggman? It is up to you in the end but I suspect the Umineko characters are even larger + Wider than the Eggman sprite and he's meant to be a overweight human of average adult height.

As I have been clarifying for some time, at that time I had not found a sprite that was more appropriate to the height of Eggman.

Chibi concept:

vijodof.png

Because at that time worked alone... As you can see in the previous imange that I have put, that is the most chibi version I could find on the internet.

Original concept:

vijodof.png

But now, thanks to a friend of mine in Discord could make a smaller version of the character, almost the same size of Eggman.

Original game concept:

vijodof.png

I know they will tell me, that it is still a little higher than Eggman... but in my point of view, I like, with respect to the above, if I decided to change, since the characters were much higher than Eggman, including to be playable character.

On 2017-5-30 at 2:43 AM, Chaos-Fusion said:

As for the concept, a 2D kart racer seems difficult to balance due to it being limited to a 2D plane. Only way of expanding level design is to add verticality to the tracks and even then, it's still limited to jumping at the right time to access a shortcut and holding onto a power up until you can pass someone with it instead of driving skills.

With respect to 2D kart concept, if someday I can learn to use GMS with the Mario Kart SNES engine, I can change the game mode a bit, like the original Mario Kart.

Edited by Carlos Ushiromiya
1 person likes this

Is this still Snowy Hills? Yeeeess it is (background and tiles by DanielMania123)

A6b8J1Q.png

On 2017-6-1 at 8:42 PM, thegoku7729 said:

Is this still Snowy Hills? Yeeeess it is (background and tiles by DanielMania123)

A6b8J1Q.png

Looks good. The background is great.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Stritix said:

Looks good. The background is great.

Thanks! I'll update this post with screens once i get on my PC.

screenshot104.png i added some springs and more shields to the Xmas Gift Engine

Edited by thegoku7729
Added the Screenshot

Posted (edited)

H2Bse4y.png sorry for the double post but HERES A THINGY

Edited by thegoku7729

Uh, I have a new video with sound and things. Just showing a rougher-than-rough, WIP, currently-being-edited, messy peek I have constructed. Trust me, I AM NOT DONE YET. Firstly I need a background and secondly, I need to find a way to make the game run like an actual Sonic game from back in the day on terms of behavior and even...flags. (focusing on Sonic 3, honestly. Also, pray for me for the latter). Thirdly, I'll have to fix the cosmetic stuff, such as foreground design flow because that's off too if one looks closely.

Worlds is a quirky engine; and it only seems to have one type of ramp.helper thingy (which is a problem). I'm no good with codes but I think I can pluck about and figure it out.

2 people like this

On 6/12/2017 at 8:24 AM, Tiny Birds said:

Uh, I have a new video with sound and things. Just showing a rougher-than-rough, WIP, currently-being-edited, messy peek I have constructed. Trust me, I AM NOT DONE YET. Firstly I need a background and secondly, I need to find a way to make the game run like an actual Sonic game from back in the day on terms of behavior and even...flags. (focusing on Sonic 3, honestly. Also, pray for me for the latter). Thirdly, I'll have to fix the cosmetic stuff, such as foreground design flow because that's off too if one looks closely.

Worlds is a quirky engine; and it only seems to have one type of ramp.helper thingy (which is a problem). I'm no good with codes but I think I can pluck about and figure it out.

Looks epic yo

Looks promising.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:11 AM, WD40 said:

Looks epic yo

Thanks! And, sorry for the lack of activity. Got a new job recently. I'm working hard. But, it's obvious that I can't seem to stick to a consistent foreground. I'm always changing it. xD

My next goal is to solely find a background or to, by a miracle of God, make one. Optional goals are to fix the waterfall and figure out how to bring the water levels up where the partial background begins. That background is meant for underwater.

1 hour ago, Stritix said:

Looks promising.

Thanks. It needs more work, like getting a functioning, parallax background and all. I honestly don't really know what to make the background, though. The most challenging parts of making a Sonic fan game, to me, is imagining a background and having gimmicks that work smoothly with the level's design. Oh, and I'm still floating around custom gimmicks. I already thought of one but I need to figure out how to code it.

The whole idea around my fan game is that...phew, 90% of it is customized. If life would just stop being demanding, I could fixate myself on this project. No excuses, though. It will be done. I need to have something like this done so I can say, "yeah, I did that." Personal reasons. ;w;

2 people like this

sonic_boss_idea_mockup_by_thegoku7729-db 

Wow, I keep getting ignored. anyway have this mockup thingy of a boss idea i got for a fangame i'm making right now since i got tired of the snow gimmick of sonic frost and tried doing something more classic.

(psst the tileset was made by super tails, sonic sprites by glitchy and the background has some parts from the S1 beta remake)

3 people like this

On 2017-6-15 at 10:44 PM, Tiny Birds said:

Thanks. It needs more work, like getting a functioning, parallax background and all. I honestly don't really know what to make the background, though. The most challenging parts of making a Sonic fan game, to me, is imagining a background and having gimmicks that work smoothly with the level's design. Oh, and I'm still floating around custom gimmicks. I already thought of one but I need to figure out how to code it.

The whole idea around my fan game is that...phew, 90% of it is customized. If life would just stop being demanding, I could fixate myself on this project. No excuses, though. It will be done. I need to have something like this done so I can say, "yeah, I did that." Personal reasons. ;w;

I actually know what you mean. I've been working on a fan game since early 2013 and still haven't released a demo.