JPunx-R

Cartoons

121 posts in this topic

The same as the Anime topic. What are your favorite cartoons shows? It can be from any generations, just stop bringing up "The OLD cartoons are the BEST! The NEW cartoons are SHIT". Just stop with it, even some of you know some of the old cartoons were total shit holes. 

And just in case, there's a show that's been going on for more than 5+ years, feel free to bring up the favorite generation because a show that's been on for that long, there's going to be a breaking point. like in example, Spongebob, Arthur, The Simpsons etc.

In all serious, who fucking cares. It's JUST Cartoons. Is there any cartoons that you enjoyed from the past and currently(for those who still watch it)?

Steven Universe
Regular Show
Adventure Time
South Park
Teen Titans(Original). 

Oddly enough, I like The Amazing World Of Gumball.

1 person likes this

I liked this one old show called Super Secret Squirrel, no not the OLD version, the newer one.

I completely forgot about that show, but I guess it's because I don't have any cable :P But it's still a great show nonetheless. Some of the newer shows seems to have much wittier writing and better characters. It's nice to see cartoons are improving all around than simple visual comedy. 

Damn it's been awhile since I heard about that show. Glad to see it's still up.

my favorite cartoons...

Sonic Boom

SpongeBob SquarePants (Pre Movie 1 and Post Movie 2)

Adventure Time

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Foster's Home

Powerpuff Girls

Regular Show

Dexter's Lab

Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (dontlaughokayiwatchedcauseitwasthemorningandihadnothinginteresttowatch!)

The Fairly OddParents

Danny Phantom

and that's it

oh and steven universe

Edited by TheGoku7729

Sonic Boom (on youtube)

Sonic Underground(on youtube)

SatAM Sonic (on youtube)

aoSTH(on youtube)

Kirby Right Back at Ya'(on youtube again...)

The Penguins from Madagascar ( even tought im already mature)

FoP( even tought im allready mature)

Regular show

Edited by HedgehogEclipseX

Literally, everything you stated in your OP, Jet. Steven Universe though, is a show I recently added to my favorites list.

I'm up to Episode 53 with Steven Universe and the show continues to amaze me. Any other people's thoughts on the show?

I've just got to ask if anyone watches My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

I watch it, just not part of the fanbase. I watch the show as a show, I am not a fan of the series, just the show. I'm a fan of Steven Universe, but I am not a fan of MLP:FiM, but I do enjoy watching both shows. Just want to point this out that there's a difference between watching it, and being a fan of it. 

1 person likes this

I watch it, just not part of the fanbase. I watch the show as a show, I am not a fan of the series, just the show. I'm a fan of Steven Universe, but I am not a fan of MLP:FiM, but I do enjoy watching both shows. Just want to point this out that there's a difference between watching it, and being a fan of it. 

I think that makes perfect sense. I used to be really into the show, but that was a long time ago. I don't even watch it now.

Edited by Hero

I stopped at Season because I got bored of the show. It's still a good show don't get me wrong, but I've grown tired of it. And also, who has been keeping up with Steven Universe? If so, are any of you guys enjoying it?

1 person likes this

I stopped at Season because I got bored of the show. It's still a good show don't get me wrong, but I've grown tired of it.

And also, who has been keeping up with Steven Universe? If so, are any of you guys enjoying it?

Which season..? Haha

I've been watching the new episodes while still trying to fill in the gaps of what I've missed in the older episodes. I really like where it's going. I love shows that start out all random, then eventually develop an interesting story.

currently they're at Season 2, i'm at episode 53, I haven't seen the recent episodes since a week ago because I want to take my time with the shows I love. Because once i'm near to the latest episode, i'm going to be bored and i'll be waiting for a week till the next one. 

I completely hear you there. Sometimes I'll switch between shows to focus on to let newer episodes build up on the DVR. But then again, when you're caught up, you get time to speculate what's going to happen next with yourself and friends.

So favorite items that fall into the cartoon genre, eh? SpongeBob is the one I watch most consistently, but Looney Tunes, Yogi Bear, Silly Symphonies, Mickey and co., Flintstones, Animaniacs, and Scooby-Doo are also pretty good.

So you enjoy more of the classic humor cartoons than today's story wise shows/cartoons? I can understand that. But I stopped watching Spongebob after the first movie. 

1 person likes this

But I stopped watching Spongebob after the first movie. 

I only stopped because I think it quit being good, didn't it?

Some consider good, most are just terrible. It's not worth watching because they're running out of good ideas. 

1 person likes this

Oh hey, they don't come on anymore, but what about Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the Legend of Korra?

I've been watching a few things recently mostly thanks to it being recommended on youtube.

Sonic Boom. Its not bad, its not good either  its just there filling in 10 minutes with an occaisional mild chuckle.

Pokemon Origins. I havn't really seen anything pokemon cartoon related since quitting early in the Johto season. It was nice seeing ad adaptation made with ending in mind. Maybe a little rushed but its a hard balance to strike and enough major plot points were touched to be satisfying.

Mickey Mouse shorts. These surprisingly good 3-4 minute shorts seem to have been quietly coming out for about a few years now.

Even though I love cartoons like Steven Universe, Regular Show, and sometimes South Park; Sonic Boom is really the only cartoon I look forward to seeing.

I guess it could depend on what you would call a "cartoon", because some of them may be drawn the same, but be for much more mature audiences. Like South Park, Family Guy, or Rick and Morty.

I'm currently watching Star vs The Forces of Evil and i'm really enjoying it so far. Smooth animation and decent humor. There's not much story compared to Steven Universe, but i'd recommend it to give it a watch. 

1 person likes this

I'm currently watching Star vs The Forces of Evil and i'm really enjoying it so far. Smooth animation and decent humor. There's not much story compared to Steven Universe, but i'd recommend it to give it a watch. 

Almost forgot about this! I only record the new episodes, so I don't see it on but once a week. I love the show, I think Star is just so adorkable.

Once again, I watch them online for free on a website, but i'm not bringing it up here because they'll probably get shut down for getting too much reveal or something.