JPunx-R

Cartoons

121 posts in this topic

Is it just me or do the seasons fly by? I feel like Season 2 just began and it just ended last Sunday, lol.

I still need to catch up on the last two or three episodes. I watching that show week-by-week as it aired and then things started coming up and I ended up forgetting several times in a row.

1 person likes this

I think you'll like that finale, certainly took me by surprise.

Alright, I want to issue a small "challenge", try watching some of your childhood shows, Pick 3 shows and watch at least 2 episodes. They can't be the first 3 episodes or the last 5 episodes so it needs to be around the middle, BUT If you want to view the first episodes, instead of 2 episodes, it's 3 just so you'll get used to the show(s). And I want to know that your childhood shows still holds up to you and still watchable. 

The three shows i'll be watching are:
Jenny the Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
My Gym Partner's a Monkey

3 shows from my childhood? Easy.

I'll try out Sonic X, Transformers: Armada, and Powerpuff Girls.

I wouldn't consider Sonic X a cartoon, more of anime(even though they're both animations). Since Sonic X is an anime stated before, Anime always tends to give off better presentations, action scenes and emotion related sequences. Also of course, anime is the best between the animations so having an anime in your line up seems unfair but whatever. 

Its a cartoon sticking another label on it just because it has a different country of origin isn't going to change that.

If he wants to see it a animation, he can do so, not forcing him, just stating on what I think. 

I don't watch cartoons any more- kinda. I have no interest in the cartoons currently airing. I still love Courage the Cowardly Dog though.

Yeah, we can tell.

8b9cba1e98c11c930dcfd11abba36370.jpg

I don't watch cartoons any more- kinda. I have no interest in the cartoons currently airing. I still love Courage the Cowardly Dog though.

Not even Sonic Boom?

Nope. I don't really watch TV any more as a whole. I haven't got the time lately.

Just go on Google and type in cartoons and you'll find a free site. 

I think I've read something about a reboot somewhere, heard anything about it?

Oh wait, here's a pilot episode of the "reboot".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1E1jFSRQ-E 

Sadly the voice actor of Eustace passed away so it's a different VA. But that pilot felt like it came out 2 years ago. 

Well, i've seen 4 episodes of My Life as a Teenage Robot(well, technically it's 8 episodes since each video included 2 episodes), and they seem enjoyable like they were made in this modern era of cartoons. Though slightly cringe worthy but even current shows today make me cringe. So this show gets my approval. Once i'm done with season 1, i'll watch Danny Phantom next. 

I got carried away and finished season one of Danny Phantom. I still love this show so I give this an approval.

Now time for My Gym Partner's a Monkey. I'm 2/3 for this so let's see if this show still impresses me up to now. 

Welp, i've seen 3 series I loved as a kid, and here's the list from best to shit when I posted about it, so here's the results.

1. Danny Phantom
2. My Life as a Teenage Robot
3. My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Danny Phantom feels like they've done it right and it's a show that can be shown to others and there's slight character Development and the show is still amazing. The humor can give me a chuckle, the villains are new and fresh and they return to fight Danny instead of a one and done thing with them. So I recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it. I can watch this show and the entire season at least twice a year and watch them again for a few extra years so i'm glad I chose this as my line up.

My Life as a Teenage Robot, well, this show is still okay, but after seeing an entire season, l'm seeing a trend here where Jenny's enemies are only there for one episode, which is good because the enemies she faced has no... personality besides one of them but I forgot the name so oh well. I don't see any developments so it's... kinda dull but it's still watchable. I would only watch this once every 2 years or so. 

My Gym Partner's a Monkey, god it's terrible. Just the first episode and I hear loud and obnoxious screaming and it was just... ugg, I cringed on the first episode and I just dealt with it. Seeing the second episode was okay, better than the first, but it was dull and it didn't feel appealing to me. I only stopped at Ep 2 because I just can't handle this show like how I enjoyed it when I was a kid.

I'm kinda glad I went and picked these shows because I am amazed how I can watch a show and enjoy shows that involves Story and Character development as they improve within each episode while realizing that others are just bland and repetitive. I'm glad shows nowadays are learning, getting better and better. Welp, I've held my end of the deal, i'll be waiting for others here to say what they think on their old shows they've seen on how they changed from then to now. Now I gotta find old shows and see how they turned out whether they're good or shit. 

Have any of the cartoons you watched almost been completely been forgotten by the world? No scenes selected to be memes, no nostalgic praise or even remember how bad _____ was.

For me it's Bruno the Kid which ran for one 36 episode season between 1996 & 1997.

Synopsis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_the_Kid

This cartoon stars Bruce Willis as the voice of an 11-year-old boy who becomes a top spy for a secret espionage organization. The organization, named Globe, contacts Bruno via his computer and a special gadget watch, and are completely unaware of their top spy's young age, as he hides behind a computer simulated avatar of a full grown man (in the image of Bruce Willis).

The members of Globe that Bruno works with in person, such as Jarlesburg (voiced by Tony Jay), and Harris (Mark Hamill), are unaware that Globe does not know Bruno's actual age, and assume that the organization must know what they are doing sending the boy into dangerous situations.

Intro

The whole series is available here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMOBBncXru_5fHvXPxUj1w/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Well, pretty sure many of you already heard this 1-2 weeks ago but Regular Show ended, touching ending seeing how ive been with the show since it started, I thought it was going to suck horribly but within a couple of episodes later, it became my favorite during that along side Adventure time. And just like its slogan, 'Regular Show, it's anything but'. Now, I hope future cartoons will make me enjoy to watch. Just hope they're good or entertaining. 

Steven Universe is my favorite cartoon in recent years.