Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rabid-Coot

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - June 30 2017

14 posts in this topic

Details are scarce at the moment but Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped are being fully remastered from the ground up for PlayStation 4, developed by Vicarious Visions.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Skylanders/Crash-Bandicoot-Returns-in-Skylanders-Imaginators-and-Remastered/ba-p/9951160

Edited by Rabid-Coot

CRASH IS BACK BAYBEEEEEEEE
giphy.gif

1 person likes this

I quite dig his Skylander look! It looks like it's taken from the old concept art for CB1.

It seems Vicarious Visions has returned to the Crash series. The developer tried hard to make their games (Crash Nitro Kart, Huge Adventure, and N-Tranced) look just like the Naughty Dog games, so they are probably the best pick. What levels are you the most excited to see in the remaster? I honestly can't wait to see both N-Gin boss fights on PS4.

Edited by SuperMoonKnight

If there's anything out of the remaster I'm looking forward to is Crash 1 getting some needed fixes so it's more playable like the sequels so someone like me can appreciate the first game more since in all honestly I didn't enjoy the first game with the stiff controls, awkward camera placement in some areas and the stupid save system (I've only gotten up to Ripper Roo at most in the times I've played Crash 1).

Let's hope Vicarious Visions lives up to the hype these remasters are getting because Crash deserves all of the support he can get.

I'm really happy about the remaster but

skylanders

uuh

;__; why activision, why

10 hours ago, Mors said:

I'm really happy about the remaster but

skylanders

uuh

;__; why activision, why

I've been expecting Crash to be a Skylander ever since the first game launched as a Spyro thing this is probably the the best case scenario with it being accompanied by news of remasters.

It might actually benefit Crash overall, the remasters are an easy sell to nostalgic people if the quality is there and being in Skylandrs introduces the character to new people.

We at Vicarious Visions love Crash, and we’re super excited for everyone to play the N. Sane Trilogy. But we can’t fly everyone out to Anaheim to play it in person, so here’s a peek that answers some burning questions. And the biggest question everyone keeps asking us, “Is this a remaster or a remake?”

The answer is not simple.

It’s practically impossible to make a traditional remaster of the original Naughty Dog games. They’re roughly 20 years old, and technology has advanced significantly in that time. The original code and assets are nearly unusable. Nearly.

But we don’t consider this a remake. We know how much you all love the original games, so we didn’t want to fully remake them. The N. Sane Trilogy is a remaster plus.

The first step in our remaster plus was to truly understand what made the Naughty Dog games special and why fans still love them to this day. The best way to understand a game is to play it, and boy, did we play the Crash games. We played them to the point that we broke controllers from mashing the jump button too much. We studied original concept art and commercials for inspiration. And we went even further back to understand the material that originally inspired Naughty Dog, including Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Looney Tunes.

With all of that in mind, we started our work. Using the original level geometry from Naughty Dog as a guide, we rebuilt the Crash gameplay from scratch, capturing its simplicity and precision. As the levels began to take shape, we layered in our own lush and zany art, animation, and audio.

Let’s see the results! Here are some work-in-progress examples of what to expect:

• Rebuilt levels, based on the original geometry:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Environment

Another beautiful day at N. Sanity Beach!

• Rebuilt characters, following the original designs:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Characters

Such a motley crew.

• Rebuilt cinematics, inspired by the originals:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Cinematic

What a jerk.

Adding New Features

Because this is a remaster plus, we have an opportunity to add features.

Choosing new features is a difficult process. We consider numerous things, including the team’s ideas and fan requests, but perhaps our most important consideration is the evolution of the franchise itself. Naughty Dog learned a lot of lessons on how to refine the Crash formula over the course of making three games. So, the first new features we’ve worked on take the best of each of the games and apply them to all three.

Here are some work-in-progress examples:

• Unified checkpointing & save game system. This includes manual and auto-saving. (Yes, the first game now has a proper save game system!)
  • Unified menu system. Here an example of the Pause menu for Crash Bandicoot:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Pause Menu

Eagle-eyed readers will notice something special about this Pause Menu.

• Time Trials in all three games!

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Time Trials

The competition for relic times on our team is fierce!

These aren’t the only new features for the N. Sane Trilogy. However, that’s all we’re going to share for today.

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, End Screen

Okay, maybe one more peek.

Seriously, though, there’s no time for more. We have to get back to work making the game. (Naughty Dog packed so much gameplay into those original PlayStation CDs!) We hope you enjoyed this taste of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and we’re excited to share more with you soon!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-first-screens-in-depth-details/

Edited by Rabid-Coot

Oh man, that last part gave me a good laugh of him suffering from all the missed boxes. This game really looks great, but im wondering what Crash 2 will look like just to see on what did they do with that game and the features removed/added. Im glad they gave Tawna a more appropriate shirt then the hoe type of clothing, but I expected them to remove her from the game seeing how soccer moms complained as far as i know. Just glad she's back in some way so the fans wont complain and just so this game keeps the original "plot". 

Extensive interiew with the producer and director, covers various technical aspects of the remaster.

New screenshots with the first look at Crash 2.

C4l90ZOWMAENRcV.jpgC4l90ZPW8AAWHL7.jpgC4l90aEWYAINTnN.jpgC4l90ZPXUAAt2aK.jpgC4mA0R3WEAEtDHH.jpgC4mA0R0WYAIcN-Y.jpgC4mA0SyXAAAvsq_.jpg7x3jGEj.jpg

Releasing on the 30th of June. Surprisingly early but it could be a good time for the release. As the schedule stands right now there's not much in the weeks before release and only the Final Fantasy 12 remaster about 10 days after so it could end up as another game that does well in the quiet part of the year.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/Crash-Bandicoot-N-Sane-Trilogy-Release-Date-Revealed/ba-p/10176280

We got our first footage of Crash 2 with Hang 8.

Another level gets shown off.

And the recent PAX demo is playable on the in store consoles in the US, with some hands on impressions coming in via http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360415.

N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fucking up on my part anything but my fault.

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though.

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2.

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though.

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good.

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes.

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shit. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1. Crash 2 is on par with OG Crash 2 and is better in places, but suffered from one big glitch that I am sure will be fixed -- that being that for some reason it seems like you can trap Crash in a state where the circle/R1 button does nothing. You can't slide, body slam, etc. You can only crouch while standing still if you REALLY hold it down hard. I am 99% sure that it's because they forgot to reset Crash's "can slide" variable when he exits the slide or slam states onto the Jetboard. Simple fix, if I'm right.

Just a fantastically made game.

I played the demo just a few hours ago. The game feels phenomenal. The videos online don't do the game justice up close. The environments looks amazing. I spent an hour at my GameStop and it was still so much fun. June 30th can't come soon enough.

DEFINITELY worth it if you ask me.