Rabid-Coot

Sonic Forces (Playstation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)

71 posts in this topic

Teaser doesn't give too much away but it looks like this could potentially be taking the Generations formula and applying it to original levels.

Edited by Stritix
Title reveal.

its sonic generations 2 nuff said, lock topic

lol

In all seriousness though, this looks exactly as they are advertising it as, Could have been tons better if literally ANYONE else had came to help sonic, hell even master chief for all I care.

1 person likes this

As long the game is playable for both characters (possibly more if they added the other characters) and if the game just turns out to be fun. But if I have to say on what I expect... hoping they don't rush this in terms for story and cutscenes so I hope the story comes out better than Generations, the levels/stages better be something else than remakes (Can we POSSIBLY get ANOTHER Green Hill Zone remake plz Sega?). For stages for each character, i'm hoping they KEEP C.Sonic as 2D stages while M.Sonic 3D. Im at least expecting for M.Sonic to have some 2D sections just because there's probably some areas that could be difficult to set up in a way? But that's just me. Felt like I got ahead of myself but myeh...? Anyways, the teaser is just a teaser to show us what'll be coming up besides Mania. I hope they release gameplay footage at least sometime 2017 to see if this is the boosting mechanic or something new. Thats all I have to say at the moment. 

1 person likes this

I was honestly shocked when they revealed Classic Sonic. I actually got PTSD flashbacks when I saw the opening. It reminded me so much of Iblis. While this is most likely not a Generations 2, time travel might be involved. This may be a bad future in a sense. I guess this confirms boost is back, and it may be running on the Hedgehog Engine. Or not, just speculating. While no title is given, I believe it will be called Sonic: Resistance. Or not, I'm not developing the game. I think we need to see more before we can really dissect this title.

While not much was shown, it looks promising. The tone is a lot darker than the past few games, which I consider to be an improvement. Modern Sonic's design is also quite different from the recent Modern/Classic hybrid design as seen in Sonic Lost World and Sonic Runners. Sonic seems to have his modern design back with longer quills and new texturing.

1 person likes this

If it's made by the same team that did Colors and Generations then I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Just kind of wish we could get Knuckles and Tails playable in a main game again.

I'm glad to see they're doing something serious, storywise. Even if it sucks, I'd rather have crap melodrama than more mindless happy clappy cartoony.

At least crap melodrama is actually trying.

I like the idea of a darker storyline they seem to be hinting at. Generation playstyle with all new levels is probably all they can do because they've already used up the most popular/iconic levels for the first game. I'm also willing to agree on the Bad Future theory but if it is, how did it happen? Who screwed up their timeline first, Classic or Modern Sonic?

The trailer certainly has my interest.

Wonder where they will take the story. Maybe even a serious SatAM vibe to it?

After giving it a lot of thought... I am extremely on the edge of my seat for this game.

This is the one Sonic game that will FINALLY have a serious tone in nine years. This is something that I've been wanting for quite a while now, and we're finally getting one.

Also, the Classic Sonic still kinda bothers me, but not THAT much anymore. Nevertheless, I want to see mostly Modern Sonic. lol

I really hope Classic Sonic has a small role in this. To me, it almost feels like SEGA is telling us "Yeah, we ran out of ideas. So here's Classic Sonic again and don't ask how he's here this time." I just hope Tails and Knuckles have expanded roles/playable sections. It would make up for it slightly.

"Join the Resistance"- Will the Freedom Fighters make their debut? Please?   But in all seriousness I think this caused the most speculation more than anything.

On 27/07/2016 at 0:40 PM, Rabid-Coot said:

Teaser doesn't give too much away but it looks like this could potentially be taking the Generations formula and applying it to original levels.

The fact that it's not going much away other than the stakes will be high, is a good thing.

As far too often in the past we've seen too much too quick.  Similar thing with movies.  I mean, how many trailers, clips, features, tv-spots, etc, did we see before Jurassic World opened up last year?  I lost count.

The very fact that we have been given little to work with is a good thing from an imagination stand-point as this will gets us thinking as to what we will get come Holiday 2017.

From what I understand what RandomDCE told me is that Sonic Team have been working on this for 4 years.

They do not want to screw it up this time.

I'm going WAY off the deep end, but with how much this game has been hyped up, I figure I might as well tell what I want to see in this game.

I want to see these characters take point in the plot (some as flashbacks only) : Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, Eggman Nega, Blaze, Silver, Marine, Sticks, Orbot, Cubot, the Wisps, the Echidna and Ix Tribes, Chaos, Gerald, Maria, Jet, Wave, Storm, Mighty, Ray, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Bark, Bean, Fang, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Big, Froggy, Cream, Vanilla, Orbot, Cubot, the Wisps, GUN, the Black Arms, Honey, Classic Sonic, Classic Tails, Classic Eggman, and the Chao.

Not maybe as playable, but I want them to have some interactivity with the story to produce the ultimate Sonic story.

Edited by ChadFox

13 hours ago, ChadFox said:

I'm going WAY off the deep end, but with how much this game has been hyped up, I figure I might as well tell what I want to see in this game.

I want to see these characters take point in the plot (some as flashbacks only) : Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman, Eggman Nega, Blaze, Silver, Marine, Sticks, Orbot, Cubot, the Wisps, the Echidna and Ix Tribes, Chaos, Gerald, Maria, Jet, Wave, Storm, Mighty, Ray, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Bark, Bean, Fang, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Big, Froggy, Cream, Vanilla, Orbot, Cubot, the Wisps, GUN, the Black Arms, Honey, Classic Sonic, Classic Tails, Classic Eggman, and the Chao.

Not maybe as playable, but I want them to have some interactivity with the story to produce the ultimate Sonic story.

And the fifty thousand forms of Dio for EoH.

On-topic, isn't that a little excessive? No offense.

Looks promising. I'm glad they have gone back to the boost formula. Aaron Webber stated Sonic Forces is an evolution of Colors/Generations.

3 gameplay styles so classic modern and fishing. Hopefully we know more with tomorrows previews.

My prediction is that the third style while be a wholly new one, that they're using Sonic Forces to test-drive an entirely new style of Sonic gameplay without the risk of giving it its own game. If doesn't work, it doesn't tank Forces because there's still the two proven successful gameplay styles in there. But if it goes over really well they know it's worth a shot giving it its own game.

It's the safest possible way they could introduce a new style of Sonic right now, alongside two proven styles.

Personally I'd like to see the Adventure style as the third, since it's both unique from Classic and Modern and represents the huge era between them. Now, while obviously that's not going to happen, I do think though that a modern take on the Adventure style could "fix" the stuff that its detractors hate while still pleasing all those who wish to see it return. You could find a happy medium to make everyone happy, and considering how much SEGA's PR is shitting over Adventure fans they could stand to throw them a bone. Yes, Aaron Webber, we know Big exists. You don't need to keep reminding us. He's hardly representative of Sonic Adventure as much as you'd like us to believe he makes the whole game shit just by being in it.

But nah, a brand new style is much more likely. Forces serving as a (relatively) financially safe launchpad for a new kind of Sonic is what I'm betting, and probably the smartest thing they could do with it right now.

1 person likes this

Here's a better version of the video. It's close up and doesn't have people talking and shouting. 

1 person likes this

Looks like Lost World's assets are being reused. Sonic's model, rings, and boost pads are a few examples. Was hoping Sonic would look like the way he did in the trailer from July.

I guess some cost cutting is understandable especially with the way you speed by so many assets.

I would love to see the Freedom Fighters (pre-boot version, I despise the Nu252 versions) in Forces. The way they described the game makes it sound like the best possible chance they could have to be in a Sonic game. I know it's a long-shot and if they were included they would botch it but still it gives me a glimmer of hope they show up.

Still, Forces seems to be a step in the right direction.

UpQ0Hko.png
Silhouette of the new char.

Oh no. It's a hedgehog.

Also, I'm still waiting for Modern Sonic to stop being just about running in a largely unimpeded straight line and bring back some damned platforming and enemies that are actual obstacles instead of just being there to boost through. I get that that's the appeal to people, but I personally don't care for that style. I'm really banking on that third style turning out to be good so I can actually want to buy this game. If they have Classic and something else that works for me, then I'll be pleased enough and won't mind playing some Modern in between the other stuff. But if the third style is something I end up disliking, then 2/3rds of the game won't be that fun for me and all this waiting will be for naught.

PLEASE DON'T SUCK.

Posted (edited)

Level design so far is... oh boy. Hold Right to win.

Edited by Violet

4 minutes ago, Violet said:
Level design so far is... oh boy. Hold Right to win.

Are all the Sonic games where you actually had to like, not just hold a button and wait for the level to end...did I dream those? I mean I think Sonic 2 is one of my all-time favorite video games, but it actually took skill to play it well, especially to beat it. That doesn't sound like a Sonic game at all..