Stritix

Signature SoaH Emoticons Return

15 posts in this topic

I have just added all of SoaH's old signature emoticons back to the forums. They were featured on previous iterations of SoaH's forums. A few members requested them to return a while ago. Click on the emoticons tab and scroll down to characters to use them. They don't really have much purpose, but they could be fun to use :char_fang:

1 person likes this

Thanks for adding this. I'll probably add Metal Sonic to the end of every post from now on. :char_metalsonic:

1 person likes this

Here's some more I cut out from the main sheet ages ago, I left out Heavy & Bomb, the Sonic Shuffle? characters, the Nights supporting cast and the others?

Is there any demand for a selection of our old Nintendo Emoticons to return or should we keep the selection smaller?

char_super_sonic.gifchar_hypersonic.gifchar_ray.gifchar_charmy.gifchar_metalknuckles.gifchar_tailsdoll.gifchar_big.gifchar_gamma.gifchar_emerl.gifchar_gemerl.gifchar_tikal.gifchar_chaos.gifchar_chao.gifchar_darkchao.gifchar_herochao.gifchar_omochao.gif

cp77aiH.pngcZ2cIL4.png

1 person likes this

I say keep the selection to mostly Sonic, with a few Mario characters because of the crossover games.

:char_shadow: it has him so its fine

Cool, haven't seen Zin's emoticons in a long time.

Missed the best one though: shaunsplodey.gif

On 04/08/2016 at 5:38 AM, DarkVampireDee said:

:char_omega: I am please by this. Will there be more soon?

Most likely.

On 04/08/2016 at 11:38 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Here's some more I cut out from the main sheet ages ago, I left out Heavy & Bomb, the Sonic Shuffle? characters, the Nights supporting cast and the others?

Is there any demand for a selection of our old Nintendo Emoticons to return or should we keep the selection smaller?

char_super_sonic.gifchar_hypersonic.gifchar_ray.gifchar_charmy.gifchar_metalknuckles.gifchar_tailsdoll.gifchar_big.gifchar_gamma.gifchar_emerl.gifchar_gemerl.gifchar_tikal.gifchar_chaos.gifchar_chao.gifchar_darkchao.gifchar_herochao.gifchar_omochao.gif

cp77aiH.pngcZ2cIL4.png

Hmm. Do you remember the exact set of emoticons which were installed on the previous iterations of SoaH? I'd say it's best to restore the original set of emoticons and to then expand later. I have been going through all of the emoticons and converting them to optimized PNG files.

On 08/08/2016 at 3:08 AM, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

Cool, haven't seen Zin's emoticons in a long time.

Missed the best one though: shaunsplodey.gif

Interesting. Haven't seen that one before. Do you have any others which are missing?

9 minutes ago, Stritix said:

Most likely.

Hmm. Do you remember the exact set of emoticons which were installed on the previous iterations of SoaH? I'd say it's best to restore the original set of emoticons and to then expand later. I have been going through all of the emoticons and converting them to optimized PNG files.

Everything on both sheets plus a few more for the staff of the time. Some were animated like 6XbEg6w.gif  and I think Hyper Sonics sparkles and Ditto was.

We had a whole bunch of normal custom one's as well like these: smilelaugh2.gif smilecool.gif smileninja2.gif

I don't know whether or not I have all of them saved somewhere but I do have a good portion of them on an old message board I use to run.

I'm liking them! LOL :char_shadow: :char_knuckles: :char_tails: :char_sonic: :char_amy: :char_eggman: <3

Just a few more of the "generic" sprites, because Zin also re-did the generic smileys as @Shaun Shikeishuu mentioned above. These ones are the only ones I've found on Wayback Archive so far, but at least it'll let Ms Shadow go ":char_shadow:smiledrool.gif" or something like that!

smiledrool.gif smilewink.gif smileevil.gif smilesmile.gif w00tsmiley.gif

@Rabid-Coot and/or Shaun - You wouldn't have any more of Zin's generic smiley emoticon sheet too, seeing you had the ones for the characters still there? Nice keep by the way, I always liked his sprite style.

[In order to go out in a classic way:] Cheers ~ Spi smilewink.gif

Edited by Spi Cybershark
Forgot you had to attach images into the actual post in IP.Board now

32 minutes ago, Spi Cybershark said:

@Rabid-Coot and/or Shaun - You wouldn't have any more of Zin's generic smiley emoticon sheet too, seeing you had the ones for the characters still there? Nice keep by the way, I always liked his sprite style.

I don't remember ever seeing a whole sheet for the generics but I might have a few tucked away in some forgotten folder.

3 hours ago, Spi Cybershark said:

Just a few more of the "generic" sprites, because Zin also re-did the generic smileys as @Shaun Shikeishuu mentioned above. These ones are the only ones I've found on Wayback Archive so far, but at least it'll let Ms Shadow go ":char_shadow:smiledrool.gif" or something like that!

smiledrool.gif smilewink.gif smileevil.gif smilesmile.gif w00tsmiley.gif

Just some on my old message board. I don't have a sheet.

@Spi Cybershark kiss.gifrolleyes.gifsmilethumbsup.gifthumbup.gifviolin.gif This is all I have thats probably by Zin and the violin which I think was from someone else but getting used here a lot for a while.

Edited by Rabid-Coot

This makes me very happy! I would actually love several selections. I mean, what are they really hurting?! Someone will have to scroll just a tad more for all of these emoticons? Come on! ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stritix
      By Stritix
      Hey!
      As you can see, the forums have drastically changed. Welcome to the new SoaH City Message Board! We have been working on upgrading the forums from IPB3 to IPS4 for a while. IPS4 was released last year for public use, however we decided to wait a little while before upgrading as new forums software by the IPS team usually goes through a number of drastic changes during the first few months after public release. We wanted to avoid that to give SoaH City's members a smooth consistent experience.
      A lot has changed. The forums are now more accessible than ever. There's a create button which allows you to quickly create new topics, posts, and status updates. The forums are fully responsive and perfectly adjust to your specific display. The friends system has been removed, however a new followers system has been added which allows you to quickly stay up to date with those who you choose to follow.
      The standard SoaH City White theme for IPS4 is currently in development. Until it's ready, the default IPS4 theme will remain in place with some slight customization. Highly requested alternative themes are also in development. Stay tuned!
      Keep in mind, this is brand new forums software. If you encounter any issues or bugs, please don't hesitate to inform us via the Feedback Box forum so we can address any problems.
    • Hero
      By Hero
      Since Sonic Boom is a new branch of the Sonic universe, it gives SEGA plenty of opportunities to basically relaunch whichever characters they want to. So far, we've seen Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Eggman (+bots), and Shadow. I'm fairly certain we're all aware of just how many characters there are in Sonic, so which of them would you like to see make a return in the Boom universe?

Personally, I'd like to see Silver make an appearance with a new backstory. Let's make him a little older (he's 14 right now), why not 16 like Sonic? Let's take out this future stuff to prevent confusion, but keep his epic powers. I think Boom would give SEGA a chance to make Silver the character he needs to be, if that makes sense. Really, he's only appeared with an actual role in '06 and the Rivals games, that just isn't enough for me. Let's bring Silver back!

I'd also like to see Tikal make a return. Not sure why, but I loved her in the Adventure games (even though she was only multiplayer in SA2). I could see Tikal making a good secretary for the Mayor or something like that since she was so good at giving out info in SA1, I think it would fit her kind of well. There's potential for Tikal in Boom, and I don't want to see her character go to waste.

There's my 2 cents. How about you guys?
    • Stritix
      By Stritix
      SoaH City is currently looking for ambitious and driven individuals who have a strong interest in Sonic, SEGA, the community, and video games in general to join our staff team. SoaH City has been around since the 90's and receives thousands of visitors daily for its wide range of content. There are a few positions available. Positions are not paid.

News Reporters:
      We are looking for individuals to post articles on the SoaH City main site covering the latest news on Sonic, SEGA, general gaming, and the community. News reporters will be required to stay up to date with what's going on. Articles should try to entice discussion with readers. News reporters should also post idle Sonic talk pieces when there's a lack of news. Please include a writing sample when applying for this role and any past writing experience you may have.

Reviewers:
      We are looking for individuals to post review articles on the SoaH City main site covering Sonic games, SEGA games, and at times other video games unrelated to Sonic and SEGA. You may review games old or new, however it's important that recently released Sonic games are covered regardless. Review articles should be in-depth. Please include a writing sample when applying for this role and any past writing experience you may have.

Forums Moderators:
      SoaH City's message board launched very recently and requires a solid staff team. Moderating the SoaH City forums requires keeping the forums friendly and calm, breaking up arguments, removing spam, banning trolls, and enforcing the forums rules. It would be ideal to include any past moderating experience you may have when applying for this role.

Please send all applications via email to webmaster -at- soahcity.com (replacing -at- with @).

When applying, you must include in your title “SoaH City Staff Position Application” in the subject header, as well as the position you are seeking to fill. You can expect a response shortly after applications have been closed.
    • Stritix
      By Stritix
      SoaH City is on social media. You can find links to SoaH City's official social media profiles below.

Subscribe to SoaH City's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/SoaHCity

Follow @SoaHCity on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoaHCity

Follow +SoaHCity on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+SoaHCity
    • Stritix
      By Stritix
      After being in development for some time, SoaH City's new forums are now open to the public. Thank you for patiently waiting. You may log in/register and post.
      Ultimately we decided to start SoaH's new forums using the last working backup of the Sonic Redux/United forums database from the end of 2013. This is entirely SoaH City's new message board, but simply with a head start. Your old Sonic Redux/United accounts from mid November 2013 and before will work here, but be sure to enter your old account information. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it but you'll need to do so using the email you used on your account from 2013. Otherwise you may contact us at webmaster [at] soahcity.com to assist you. If you were not part of Sonic Redux/United from back then, you can create an account.
      We designed the new SoaH City forums with site's history in mind. The unique names for forums have been brought back, as well as the site's unique features. There's a prominent city theme to the layout. Older SoaH users should feel at home.
      We hope you enjoy the new SoaH City forums!