Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rabid-Coot

Nintendo Switch

21 posts in this topic

CvN3VKEVUAIlnwU.jpg

Edited by Rabid-Coot

I'm not gonna comment on this until I see the hardware specs.

I think it's a great idea. Hopefully the execution will be better than the Wii U. 

I'm probably not going to get it cause I dont like the way Nintendo has been treating fans and their works as of late.

22 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

I'm not gonna comment on this until I see the hardware specs.

That could be sometime next year

It's an interesting system so far. Much more professional looking and looks like the final model of what the Wii U shouldve been. Just wished they kept the name NX and not Switch. I get that it's what the system is about, but still.

And leaving their fan's without any specs or game titles until next year is just a dick move. That just pushes me away from even buying the console. No titles? Then how are we going to know if the console is worth buying if there's no list of games coming out if we cant see their lineup? Guess it's their way from showing all of the Switch's titles for next year. As for Region locking, seeing how he literally puts it up in the tweet, its more likely not going to be region lock. 

Console looks good, just wished for at least some details this year than the coming year. But whatever. 

4 hours ago, JPunx-R said:

And leaving their fan's without any specs or game titles until next year is just a dick move. That just pushes me away from even buying the console. No titles? Then how are we going to know if the console is worth buying if there's no list of games coming out if we cant see their lineup?

Not emphasising specs is normal for Nintendo now, I think the last time they really made a fuss over them was with the Gamecube.

Not showing games is the real worry, with the Nintendo side of things its fair to say you can take an educated guess that all the usual suspects will be showing up with one or two dormant series getting another go. Its the third party side that feels like an attempt to bury bad news. They have plenty of "partners" on board but we've seen how that worked out last time. It already feels like its going to happen again with Red Dead Redemption 2 easily one of the biggest third party games of 2017 getting its first trailer just an hour after the switch reveal with no indication that there will be a switch version.

The one thing I can think of for them now showing at least a game (again, excluding the ones shown in the trailer), just shows/feels like they don't have any other games for the Sweatch so they try to hide it because its like they know they have no line at the moment for the system. But that's just how I see it. I at least hope to see 5 Nintendo games coming up for 2017. That's just what I want to see. The gaaaaammmees.

I like how they actually have 3rd party developers help with the system, but I feel like Nintendo will do something that dramatically drops sales for the system at some point.

Well, it's Nintendo, they'll bound to fuck up somewhere/sometime. 

Forgot to mention but seeing how the games are cartridges, I REALLY doubt a game like Skyrim will fit in that game or anything that takes up a lot of memory. I think that the games/cartridges are like game made flashdrives?

3 hours ago, fahyda said:

I like how they actually have 3rd party developers help with the system

Getting them is easy keeping them is the hard part.

1 hour ago, JPunx-R said:

Forgot to mention but seeing how the games are cartridges, I REALLY doubt a game like Skyrim will fit in that game or anything that takes up a lot of memory. I think that the games/cartridges are like game made flashdrives?

Capacity is fine with carts you can easily go beyond what a blu ray can hold, cost would be the real issue. Just like it was 20 years ago discs are still the cheaper storage medium.

On 10/25/2016 at 1:20 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Getting them is easy keeping them is the hard part.

Very true, tho if nintendo dont make the same mistakes as the wii u, im sure they will stay

March 3rd $300 £280 €330 CAD$400  AUS$470

Games http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch

Accessories http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/#nintendo-switch-gray

Online will be free initially moving to a subscription service later in the year. 1 NES or SNES game every month with added online play wording seems to imply that you only have access to the game for the month it is on the service. http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

C2B0iKFUkAY4WBt.jpg:large

ev3VKF7.png

RABPlIz.png

---

Nice to see the Bomberman series isn't dead.

Can't decide whether I should pick up the console on launch day or wait until Super Mario Odyssey releases.

I'm not sure if this goes here or not, but the recent announcement of Breath of the Wild DLC has me feeling pretty good on how Nintendo handles this. Most of the time, DLC on day one leaves a sour taste in my mouth. This isn't day-one, but they make sure to keep it cosmetic on one pack and then actual scenario on the next one.

You know, it looks very neat and clean. It's simple and effective in my opinion. I hope you can get skins like you can on 3DS though...

So anyone get one? I was out looking yesterday. Checked two Walmarts, a Target and a Best Buy. No one had it. Checked the Gamestop at my local mall and they're trying to get me to pre-order their $600 dollar bundle that comes with Just Dance and other stuff I don't need or want. Now I remember why I don't shop at Gamestop anymore.