Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rabid-Coot

Sonic '06 PC Fan Rebuild.

8 posts in this topic

Sonic The Hedgehog is a fan game made in the Unity engine, this is simply a demo to showcase what we have done so far.

Download Links (Windows):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6AYaec07t2vQThmdGxrYmdoUzg&authuser=1

https://mega.nz/#!StYzzICb!Xw2nh256m0v2zKC5sxQ1qMaZT-f4dMZzZjG67dwEOew

Minimal specs:
Dual Core Processor
Intel HD Graphics 4000
4GB RAM memory

Just a small proof of concept for now but maybe one day there will be a version of the game not plagued by issues.

Edited by Rabid-Coot

I just played this right now and im enjoying it, but the only things that bothered me would be his weight added and the homing attack. It doesnt reach as far compared to the main 06 game. Im so used to Sonic zoomin' from one end to an enemy at a distance. Hopefully they continue to improve and finish the game sometime in the years.

Is 06 supposed to play like an awkward fan attempt at an Adventure-style game? Because if so this nails it. While it's still got that nice Adventure tightness in the controls that the Modern games have thrown away in favor of being loose and slippery, the basic maneuvering otherwise feels really off; Sonic's acceleration between walking and running is far too sudden and he inexplicably turns heavy as lead when he jumps. It almost feels like going into slow motion.

Still a million times better than Sonic World's horrendous controls, though. Those are so slippery and loose they make Sonic R look like SA2.

The movement looks a little off, but everything else seems to be very accurate. Adding the different homing attack animations from the beta is a nice touch.

I just played this today. First of all, Massive kudos to the team that was able to remake the game from the ground up. It looks about as close you can get to the real Sonic 06 on PC. Also, finally a fully working lightspeed dash and spin dash. I like that part a lot.

However, It's a little underwhelming. Sonic movement is slower than the real game which is a little jarring for me since I still play the real Sonic 06. Sonic's collision with rails really needs some work. Its looks awkward and slow to start.

Although, I still have a lot a faith in this project. I can't wait for the next demo. Until then, This is a nice start.

But now main programmer left the project.Mefiresu will continue the development, but he need some helpers.

I hope further improvements can turn this into something I'm actually interested in playing seeing as how it's the closest thing I'll ever get to any new Adventure-style gameplay I've never played before.

I have always said that is Sonic '06 got a port to PC, the fans would find a way to fix it and we'd finally get the Sonic '06 we wanted.

I guess this is the best we'll get.

Seriously though, I always thought Sonic '0 had great potential. I liked the graphic style, I liked the level designs, and quite honesty I loved the story. Just a shame it's so... broken XD